April 6, 2020
In light of the recent order issued by Governor Ivey’s office on April 3, 2020, Chickasaw City Schools will be making some necessary adjustments to our instructional delivery and meal delivery plans. The bus delivery is cancelled; however, we will have scheduled times for curbside pick-ups of packets and food. Every Monday and Thursday from 9:00AM to 12PM, student meals will be available at Chickasaw Elementary. On Thursdays ONLY, learning packets will be available for PreK - 1st grade and any student without internet in 2nd - 11th grades.
The following information is extremely important with the continuation of academics for the remainder of the year:
PreK –Instructional packets will be ready for pick-up this Thursday, April 9. 2020 from 9AM to 12PM at the Early Learning Center.
Kindergarten and 1st Grade –Instructional packets will be ready for pick-up this Thursday, April 9, 2020 from 9AM to 12PM at Chickasaw Elementary School. Teachers will be providing additional instruction through Google Classroom. Please be sure your student has signed up with the code given by his/her teacher. Google Classroom can be accessed by any device including gaming stations (XBox, PS4).
2nd through 5th Grade –Teachers will be providing instruction through Google Classroom. Please be sure your student has signed up with the code given by his/her teacher. Google Classroom can be accessed by any device including gaming stations (XBox, PS4). If the home does not have a device available, instructional packets will also be made available beginning this Thursday, April 9, 2020 from 9AM to 12PM at Chickasaw Elementary School.
6th through 11th Grade –Teachers will be providing instruction through Google Classroom. Please be sure your student has signed up with the code given by his/her teacher. Google Classroom can be accessed by any device including gaming stations (XBox, PS4). If the home does not have a device available, instructional packets will also be made available beginning this Thursday, April 9, 2020 from 9AM to 12PM at Chickasaw High School.
12th Grade -Students will be contacted individually as to their graduation status. Please be on the look-out for a letter or phone call from Chickasaw High School. Students who have not completed all requirements, must have all courses complete by May 15th in order to graduate. These courses will be finished entirely online.
In you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your school’s administrator(s):
Chickasaw Middle/High School, Principal Arnold Cox email@example.com, Assistant Principal Kay Lancaster firstname.lastname@example.org, Assistant Principal Rocky Horner, email@example.com
David Wofford, Superintendent
March 16, 2020
With the rise of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are experiencing unprecedented days now, and in the near future. I want you to know that the safety and security of our students is at the forefront of every decision made by this Superintendent and the Board of Education. At Chickasaw City Schools we have three guiding priorities over the next few months:
- Physical needs of our students.
- Safety – School will be dismissed at the end of the school day on Tuesday, March 17, 2020. We plan to return on Monday, April 6, 2020.
- Food meal plan – We have partnered with Feed the Gulf Coast.
- Grab and Go meals will be available Mondays - Fridays beginning Wednesday 3/18/2020 and will continue until school resumes.
- Meal locations and times are as follows:
- Chickasaw High School will be from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. (Pull to the front and someone will bring out the meals.)
- Chickasaw Elementary School will be from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Pull to the Cafeteria and someone will walk the meals out.)
- Children must be present to receive meals.
- Emotional needs of our students.
- Our staff will contact students to check on their well-being.
- We will be available if needs arise and will provide email addresses.
- Educational needs of our students.
- We are making plans for the delivery of instruction electronically in the event of an extended quarantine. All students will receive a packet of resources on Tuesday, March 17th with login information for online access to educational websites.
- Students who do not attend school on Tuesday will be excused; however, the educational packets of resources are very important. Parents can pick up the packets from the schools on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- We will prepare our Senior class for final exams beginning immediately.
Finally, together we will get through this challenge. We have an incredible opportunity to demonstrate how a community comes together for the good of students and each other. I am praying for you and our community. I encourage you to keep your children home for their protection.
David Wofford, Superintendent
March 15, 2020
Parents, Guardians and Teachers –
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented event. Please remember that Monday, 3/16/2020, is a teacher work day and it is not a school day for students. On Tuesday, 3/17/2020, please send all students who are NOT sick or have NOT been exposed to someone who has the COVID-19 (coronavirus), to school. Students will receive their resource packet, google classroom logins and information on the meal program while school is out.
A decision will be made tomorrow, 3/15/2020, by 3:00 pm on whether or not school will be open on Wednesday, 3/18/2020. Please make arrangements for childcare just in case school is closed on this day.
Have a Blessed Day!
March 13, 2020
Parents, Guardians and Students -
Governor Kay Ivey has declared a State of Emergency in an effort to slow the spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Governor Ivey ordered all public K-12 schools in the state of Alabama closed from March 19, 2020 through March 30, 2020; however, Chickasaw City Schools will continue to honor our board approved Spring Break dates of March 30, 2020 - April 3, 2020. At this time, Chickasaw City Schools plans on re-opening on April 6 unless another directive is given by the Governor’s Office or the Alabama State Department of Education.
These school dates missed from March 19, 2020 - April 3, 2020 will not have to be made up. Students will not be required to complete any classroom assignments during this time. Teachers may send home reading, coloring, and math worksheets.
Chickasaw City School System will continue to provide updates via the www.chickasawschools.com website, email, phone calls, texts and social media.
Please check the website and social media pages for updates on the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and any public services that will be available to our community.
We will be announcing plans to ensure meals are available for our students during the closed days of schools.
Have a Blessed Day!
Mr. David Wofford
Chickasaw City School System
March 13, 2020
Per the Dr. Eric Mackey, State Superintendent of Education and the the Alabama Department of Public Health, Chickasaw City Schools has received the following directives:
1. To cancel or limit any event where it would be expected to have 500 or more people gathered. This would include performances, plays, athletics, conferences, etc. Please note that amended activities may still be appropriate if you can limit attendance.
2.To postpone or cancel any and all field trips, whether inside or outside of Alabama.
March 12, 2020
Dear Parents, Guardians, Staff and Students of Chickasaw City Schools,
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation. Please refer to the letter dated March 2, 2020 on the website. Additionally, all field trips and training will be reviewed for approval on a daily basis for the safety of our staff and students. Please follow the CDC safety protocols and the general directions previously listed on the Chickasaw website.
These are the actions you and your student(s) should take immediately:
1. If you are running a fever, you must be fever free for 72 hours before returning to school/work.
2. Avoid close contact with those who are already sick.
3. Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the crook of your arm.
3. Washing your hands often with antibacterial soap and water for at least 20 seconds. (Sing the "Happy Birthday" song from beginning to end, twice.)
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
Wipe down all surfaces in your homes and work areas daily with antibacterial wipes and cleaners. Spray down soft surfaces with an antibacterial disinfectant spray.
5. We suggest that you and your student get vaccinated for the flu virus.
Instructions on how to properly wash your hands and use hand sanitizer.
Alabama Public Health Information on COVID-19.
US Department of Education Information on COVID-19:
Have a blessed day!